General Information on Services and Fees
How to Schedule an Appointment:
Santa Cruz – Please call 831-465-9088 or schedule online
- Dr. Shunney does not bill any insurance companies directly.
- Payment is due in full at the time of your appointment. At the end of each visit, we will provide you with a “superbill” charge sheet to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Insurance companies in California do not generally reimburse for naturopathic services at this time, although this has the potential to change with the Affordable Care Act. HSA accounts will cover naturopathic services and FSA accounts may cover them, but you should check with your employer.
- At Santa Cruz Integrative Medicine, Dr. Shunney works alongside Dr. Rachel Abrams, MD.
If you are a patient of Dr. Abrams, your visits with Dr Shunney can be submitted to insurance as a visit with Dr. Abrams. This will allow those patients with medical insurance (other than Medicare, Medi-cal or HMO’s) to get the same reimbursement rates for Dr. Shunney as they would with any non-preferred provider.
If you are not a patient of Dr. Abrams, your visits with Dr. Shunney will most likely not be covered by insurance. To take advantage of non-preferred provider reimbursement rates, Dr. Abrams is offering a special new patient visit rate of $175 to Dr. Shunney’s patients. Call 831-465-9088 for more information.
Payment forms accepted are cash, personal checks, debit cards and credit cards. All supplement sales are subject to sales tax.
For Your First Visit:
- Print out, complete and sign your New Patient Intake form prior to your first visit. You should receive this form from the office when you schedule your appointment. There are several additional documents that you will need to read and sign at your first visit, so please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- Bring any prescription medications, over the counter drugs, and/or vitamins and supplements that you are currently taking.
- Bring copies of any pertinent lab results.
Dr. Shunney sets her schedule to ensure ample time with each patient and never ‘double books’. Please understand that we need your cooperation in order to keep this unique patient-centered schedule.
- We require a credit card to hold your appointment.
- We have a 24-hour notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- A charge for the full fee for the appointment will ensue for missed appointments or late cancellations.
Dr. Shunney enjoys collegial relationships with many local healthcare practitioners, including primary care physicians, gynecologists, obstetricians, chiropractors, psychotherapists, pediatricians, acupuncturists, and oncologists. She may refer you to one or more of these practitioners if she feels that it is necessary.