SELF-CARE PEARLS for WOMEN
Cultivating Balance with Integrative Medicine & Yoga
with Dr. Aimée Shunney, ND and Daniela Kosmalski, RYT
RELAX. SLOW DOWN. RECHARGE.
While making time for yourself in your demanding mile-a-minute life may seem impossible, it is an essential skill that takes practice and devotion for mastery. Children, partners, family, bosses, employees — Our ability to joyfully embrace our lives, to shine professionally, and to lovingly care for those who rely on us requires that we prioritize self-care.
- Participants will:
- Explore how dietary & lifestyle factors impact endocrine function
- Understand the link between adrenal health and hormone balance
- Learn ways to support optimal energy, sleep, mood, weight & sexuality with integrative medicine and bio-identical hormones
- Relax, rejuvenate and reenergize with restorative yoga
- Enjoy pranayama (yogic breathing) and chakra awareness
- Take home concrete ideas for their own self-care practice
Dr. Shunney will begin with a thorough explanation of the ways in which diet & lifestyle, including stress, impact our endocrine system, helping or hindering our abilities to manage our responsibilities, stay focused, and impact mood. She’ll guide you through the concepts of hormonal balance, particularly as it applies to adrenal health, and leave you with concrete ideas for how to support optimal energy, sleep, mood, cognition, weight, and sexuality. There will be ample time for Q&A.
Next, you’ll join Daniela to nourish your heart, body and mind with restorative yoga and pranayama. Practicing kindness to self (Ahimsa) on the mat is the ultimate act of LOVE, after all, and can create the space to experience balance and contentment (Santosha). And, of course, what we ‘practice’ on the mat, we can take into our rich, busy, complicated lives.
WHEN: Saturday November 7, 2015 from 130-5p
WHERE: Toadal Fitness Live Oak Yoga Studio
WHY: Because it’s about time you did something like this!
HOW: Space is limited. Register Online
DETAILS: Women of all fitness levels are welcome, no yoga experience required. Yoga mats and all props will be provided. Please bring any water and/or snack you need for the afternoon.
- Afternoon Schedule
- 1:30-3:00 — An Integrative Approach to Hormone Balance and Adrenal Health with Dr. Shunney
- 3:00-3:30 — Break/Q&A
- 3:30-5:00 — Restorative Yoga practice and Pranayama with Daniela